Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Summertime"

Ah, summertime is a great time.  Vacations, cookouts, long days, sunshine, and racing.  Tonight we're heading to the U2 concert at Heinz Field.  A bunch of my good friends from high school are going and it's going to be an awesome night!  In addition to the concert, this weekend is the Pittsburgh Triathlon!  I've done the Pittsburgh Triathlon every year I've done triathlon.  I think that will make this year's race my fifth.  I always enjoy racing in Pittsburgh because it's a great course with a unique bike course that heads north on 279 in the HOV lane and then right back down to the city.  Two very fast laps!  Last year, I had the fastest bike split in the entire race, and I'm hoping to match that feat this year.  Although Pittsburgh is no longer an "A" race for me, I always race to do my best.  Every race is a measuring stick for my progress in the sport.  This year Pittsburgh serves as an important step to the 70.3 Championships in September.  I'm not planning any taper for this weekend, but will still expect to feel good and race well.  Good luck to all those getting ready to race in Pittsburgh this weekend!  The sport of triathlon is gaining momentum in the 'burgh and hopefully this weekend will be another positive step in the right direction.  Be sure to check back on Monday or Tuesday for my race report!

No comments:

Post a Comment