Monday, February 24, 2014

Kona Project Update: "A week in the Life of - Day 1"

As I document my journey to qualify for Kona, I thought it would be interesting to record my daily activity for one week.  Here we go...

Saturday 2/22/14:

5:00 am: Wake-Up

5:30 am: Workout 1 - 2.5 hr endurance ride on the trainer (Avg Power: 197 watts)

I watched "Gangster Squad" starring Ryan Gosling on my ipad.  Good movie.  I usually wake up early on Saturday's to get a significant part of my long ride in before Laura and the boys awake. 

10:30 am:  Luke's swim lesson

Saturday is usually a pretty busy day with Luke's swim lesson at 10:30 at the gym and then a combination of weekly errands that include trips to Costco and the grocery store.  At this week's swim lesson, Luke went under water four times and jumped in from the edge of the pool.  He's really doing well.

Luke and Ms. Debbie

Workout 2: 30 min circuit workout
While Luke's at his swim lesson, I get a quick workout focused on core strength.  I probably get 3 sets of 4 or 5 different core exercises along with some body weight squats, leg extensions, and leg curls.

11:30 am: Errands
After a trip to Costco, back to the gym because we dropped Matty's hoodie in the parking lot, through the express shopping at Giant Eagle (a GE employee completes your online shopping order and brings your groceries out to your car at your scheduled pickup time), and by the bank, we returned home.  I unloaded the groceries, fed Luke and Matty, and got Luke down for a nap while Laura ran out to Target.

2:15 pm: Car Wash
When Laura got back from Target, I spent an hour outside washing the new Grand Cherokee.  It was a sunny day with temps around 50 degrees so I had to take advantage.

So clean you could eat off it.

3:30 pm: Family visit
As I finished up the car wash, my extended family was arriving for a visit.  My sister Katie and her family were in town from Columbus, OH.  The Erdeljac clan had an enjoyable afternoon and evening hanging out.  All the cousins got to blow off some steam playing around the house.  It was a little loud and hectic, but fun.

This is a picture from last fall of the cousins with Pap-Pap.

8:00 pm: Luke's Bath and Bedtime
Laura went to the neighbor's house for a gathering with the other women in our neighborhood and my family left shortly after 8 pm.  Laura had already fed and put Matty to sleep.  I bathed Luke, read him some books, and put him to bed about 8:45.  This reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld's rant on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon about putting kids to bed.  If you haven't seen it, check it out.  It's funny.

9:00 pm: Bedtime
I laid down to watch some of the Olympics and found myself dozing off.  I threw in the towel and shut the lights off a little after 9:00.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment